# DIY ultralight potable Sketchbook Easel





I desired to design a portable easel that I could use while sketching outdoors. The task of balancing a water bottle holder, pencils, and brushes had become a burden. However, I was limited by a tight budget and the absence of cutting tools in my current location.

In order to gather ideas, I began watching several YouTube tutorials on constructing a portable sketchbook easel. Some individuals were utilising foamboards for their creations support. Then, a brilliant idea struck me: I had recently acquired a telephone screen protector from Amazon, which came in a hardcover cardboard case.

Without hesitation, I removed the padding from the case. Instead of ordering magnetic clips from Amazon, I opted for a more affordable option by purchasing them from Canadiantire. Additionally, I obtained a stainless steel palette water holder from Amazon. Here is the link : https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08C4S6Y8L?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details.

To safeguard the cardboard, I wrapped in a self-adhesive book cover sheet, which I got from Dollorama 

In the end, I am extremely pleased with the final outcome of my creation ( budget around  20 CAD) 


Comments